AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BN's North Dakota spending plans...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 3/11/2014 13:46 (#3747492 - in reply to #3747469)
Subject: It's all good to see..

Infrastructure is so taken for granted.

Reading the piece below about the SP acquisition meltdown over almost 2 decades ago.. and seeing what the UP has become today (and the BNSF and all the rest..) really is amazing..  The whole country was paralyzed in the 1970's.. as the Railroads where in HORRIBLE shape.. and could not earn the $$$ needed for investment.. as mentioned above.. $5 BILLION CAPEX just for THIS YEAR.. for ONE Railroad.. that is pretty incredible.. while holding down Record Oil Shipments.. and grain.. etc...

Golly looking back from 1996.. never would have guessed it..  "we've come a long ways baby."

I guess deregulation was a success after all.. "markets do work."

The cold front has hit here now.. winds are howling 40..50 mph plus.. so much for any more top dressing today.  The air is a little dirty.. that said the market pop is a little surprising.. ??  I guess that just re-enforces how clueless some market participants can be..??

Snap your fingers and a RECORD South American Crop can be brought to market.. ditto Dakota Corn.. ditto wheat once it's planted..

These things don't just happen.. it's the result of a lot of hard work. 

Like those guys out on the BNSF (and others..) this winter working to keep trains running..

"Salute."  

edit to answer Richard.. There's a lot of domestic pipelines going in already.. TransCanada is caught up in a political battle because it needs state approval to cross the National boundary.. heck I passed over a pipeline construction project this weekend..

An all of the above energy strategy is going to need an all of the above transportation sector backing it up.

jmho.

Edited by JonSCKs 3/11/2014 13:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)