AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lambing Barn Update.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

frekingpolypay
Posted 2/26/2014 09:14 (#3717674 - in reply to #3717221)
Subject: RE: Lambing Barn Update.

Southwest MN
the heat lamps are adjusta heats they keep the bulb about 7 inches away from the bottom of the actual heat lamp but as the name implies you can slide it up and down. here's a link to where I got them.

http://www.hogslat.com/adjusta-heat-poly-heat-lamp

the pvc pipe was an idea I had and then after building it I saw the plans for the same thing on the internet. if I can find plans I will post them along with more pictures. it works ok we have run 50 lambs through it already and makes it way easier for tagging, notching, banding, and giving our lamb shot. only problem is the little guys can squirm out of it as the only thing holding them is their tail as you can see the carriage bolt with plastic hose over it. I have been working on an update to this one already for another way to hold the lambs in. but have had lambs in it from 5lbs to 16.

The gate ends are from Hogslat as well. They had painted, galvanized, and ss. I have been using these painted for 3 years and they look like new little different environment than a hog barn. I like the solid creep divides over the ones I built that were rodded these prevent drafts when opening doors and if a door doesn't get latched.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)