AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

snowmobilers bother you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 2/11/2014 08:27 (#3681072 - in reply to #3677925)
Subject: Re: snowmobilers bother you?

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!
Thing is though, davpal, not everyone is all excited about making a racket in nature. Or spending 12 or 15 grand on something so useless as a snowmobile relative to a 12 month period. Some folks like fishing, some like snowshoing, some like snowmobiling. We all have our things. Some of us who have gone sledding just don't find it appealing. Personally, I like it, but only once a year at the most. I like doing other things more.

I think some of you die hard sledders missed the point some of us have made. I allow the local club a mile and a half run on our land. I sign some papers, and it is all good. The bad thing is the 10% who chase wildlife, who come back in the other seasons, assuming they have some kind of right to be there, because they sledded there once.

But I am in a unique situation. I own some truly awesome, secluded land, and I keep it this way for my own families pleasure. It is this fact that drives me bonkers about sledding. Because there is no way to limit access in the wintertime, like there is in other seasons, because sleds go ANYWHERE, and because no one has ever asked me permission to sled on my land, it ticks me off. If everyone stuck to the groomed trail, fine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)