AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Von and John....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 2/4/2014 16:40 (#3662419 - in reply to #3661568)
Subject: RE: Von and John....

Thanks for those words.

I think a lot of us feel all alone when we think about this and try and understand it and feel things are spiraling out of and beyond out control. 

It's hard to continually write and try and educate about possible future events when nobody is willing to listen. The hardest thing is it is just impossible to put a start point on when and what will happen. So maybe some period of time goes by and you are constantly ridiculed for being wrong. I've admitted as much as I've expected some sort of event since the mid 90's or so when I saw things being unsustainable. I remember having these discussions with my Dad many years prior to his passing in 2000. I miss those discussions and conversations quite a bit but finding like minded people on AgTalk have helped to clarify and expand my understanding and knowledge of the past as well as possible scenario's of future events.

I also feel alone on these issues as I have talked to people around me and few if any get it. They just get that glazed over "there he goes again" look.

I've always pretty much wanted to work and be alone, have a very small circle of friends & prefer the time by myself instead of being in crowds so having a different view has never much concerned me and never been too concerned how others viewed me either. 

Like John I can barely tolerate television, radio and the bubble media and their constant spin, misinformation and their constant distractions of bread and circuses.

The entire family history is much too complicated to spell out in detail for an Internet post and I don't feel comfortable doing so anyhow.

However as a child growing up I was fortunate to have family elders close by. My one Grandpa one Dad's side was around and taught me a lot but he was always aloof and rather distant. My Grandma (his wife) had passed away before I was ever born. However her sister and husband were like an additional set of Grandparents to us. This would have been my Dads Aunt and Uncle. As a child I spent the vast majority of my time around folks much older than myself and far less with kids of my own age. Perhaps that made us mature faster but at the same time we were raised with an iron hand and were expected to behave and act in a responsible fashion. 

So in all those years there were many wonderful stories and experiences that were shared with us. Most of those stories were of elders and their lives as well as many stories of the Great Depression. Those events shaped an entire generation of people and changed how they worked, saved, and made do with what they had never throwing anything away. I enjoyed those times immensely and have grown to appreciate that wisdom more and more as time marches on. For folks that only had 8th grade schooling they were incredibly smart, incredibly skilled and resourceful and able to engineer and design things well beyond their schooling. What incredible role models to have, to learn from, and to emulate.

As I got older and their health went away I spent many hours every day helping them to remain independent and to help them in more and more ways. It was not always easy to do things exactly as they wished but I did my best. After all,  I looked at what they had done for me. I spent my best years helping them giving up my own early years of freedom. I got saddled with a lot of responsibility at a very early age. I've sacrificed a lot and gave up on having a lot of things in life that many others my age would simply not have done to be able to live my dream, to honor them and their teachings.

It is these experiences and knowledge that have shaped my view. I know what they experienced was painful but because of those stories I know what can happen. It repeats continuously through human history. It might be called something different have a little different twist but there is nothing new when it comes to human nature. The lessons for the future come from understanding the past and is something that so may today cannot be bothered to read or understand and is also why they must learn the lessons for themselves painful as it may be. 

I don't proclaim to know what will happen or claim to have the perfect answers. I only know the laws of mathematics have not been repealed and try and share some of the information based on what I was taught that came from first hand experience. 

One of my family elders (man on the left) who shared so much with me and guided my understanding and knowledge of farming, life and the honor and integrity of the old school ways.

So as a tribute to him I post this picture and try and carry on in his very large footsteps and legacy of always trying his best to help others when he can.

(A.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A.jpg (82KB - 33 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)