AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BShull Acreage data.. (adjusted)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 2/1/2014 19:09 (#3655289 - in reply to #3655107)
Subject: That's still a nice looking chart.

With all the problems.. converting NASS to FSA.. etc.. (easier to convert 1 years data.. or try.. then to do 6!)  Etc.. That's still a pretty nice chart and I think accurate representation of what went on. 

I started a new thread above on the "ah-hah!" realization of the double cropping and how much that swings.. from 3 to 10%

aka.. 10 - 3 = 7% x 74 myn = 5.2 myn acre swing..  That's significant..  If prices fall below $11'ish.. minus basis.. hmm  will that end double cropping? 

Here in irrigated land NO Doubt!  In Mizzou dryland double cropping land..  "probably not as much.."  so...??? 

probably lose..??  2 to 3 myn net falling from $13 beans down to $10'ish.. would be my guess.  We'll see..

Oh and one other thing that I forgot.. 2005 was Katrina.. and the debacle down in NOLA.. where we were shipping corn back UP the Mississippi.  We had $0.50 LDP's that fall and everyone went to beanies the next year.. 2006.. which probably skews this data a little bit.. but.. got to start somewhere.

Good enough.

Thanks.. kudo's to BShull for starting this also.

That really is a good chart.. mind if I bring that back up from time to time?  Suppose we ought to make any other changes to it?  I could dig out the Hay data.. Not sure what else we would need..???                

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)