AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Steer Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bmcpherson
Posted 2/26/2008 22:44 (#320440)
Subject: EZ Steer Problems

I have had nothing but good luck until today. We put the system in our 8300 went through and calibrated everything and set up the measurements and went to teh feild. We set up our implement with a 2 inch over lap but when we turn to get on our next line we were told we were 10' off. and knowing we are right online as we slung out the markers to make sure on the end. Went back and check to make sure we had the right measurement in the system. We did even got off and remeasured. Still could not get it figured out. It was cold so we did not do much. We also had trouble with the override kicking in. It said to lower the sensitivity to solve the problem. Kinda hard to go much lower then 5% percent. only thing i could figure out is we did not have enough wt on teh front of the tractor.

We were pulling a set of 3pt mounted othman hippers. Very heavy. front end very light. Got a full rack of wts up there, going to fill tires up with fluid before we try again.

This was happening as we were running with it out of the ground and in teh ground, best i can figure out is the swaying of the implement was causing a drag when it was out of the ground. and while it was in teh ground the same situation too much drag to either side. and pulling the tractor off line and the ez steer cannot hold it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Brad
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)