AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What will be the new "normal" propane price going forward? Effect on 2014 corn acres?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jeremywj
Posted 1/26/2014 14:06 (#3636885)
Subject: What will be the new "normal" propane price going forward? Effect on 2014 corn acres?

EC ND
Is $2-$2.50 going to be the cheap new normal for summer of 14'? I don't believe the price will stay over $3 very long but I have a feeling it is going to take a couple years if at all to get under $2. JMO For the people growing corn up "north" it can be a real breaking point of profitability $$$ as we have a shorter harvest window and typically higher moisture corn. Otherwise RMA is going to have to really start accepting the 365 day hybrids we grow up here... This will effect people who dry their own corn like myself, or the elevators raising their drying charges. Right now there is alot of frozen wet corn in the bins around the area and the elevators have no idea what to charge to dry it now. This corn will have to move in the next 30-60 days before the spring melt starts. This is going to put the value $$$ of cash corn in the area basically under $2/bu (currently $3.50 dry) for some people just because of propane. Corn is going to sink some ships around the northern area. The guys that left some corn (more than likely unpriced) standing all winter for the deer to feed are saving alot of $$$ now!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)