AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

deere 435 baler ,cant keep twine pump working.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sohk
Posted 7/16/2006 09:47 (#27039 - in reply to #26965)
Subject: does the oil get hot?It sholdn't

My W A G is that the pump is running all the time dead ending a load or under dead end preasure.Ill bet your pump never stops.It is is like my 535 , the pump shuts off while baleing (Till the bale gets big enough)if I remember corectly. It has a belt tensioner that thghtens/puts slack in the belt. I think if it were to keep running it woudl build preasure towards the end of the tie arm cylinder.I have put around 10,000 bales through mine adn I got it after it was considerably used. I feel it still the original pump.
Do you go through alot of belts?They shoudl last a long long time .
It is sort of complicated how those things work the arms. When I first got my 535 it would not tie when it was supposed to. I got to looking and there was a roll pin sheared off on a linkage point somewhere. I seem to remember it was rusted tight enough it would not wiggle, but the linkage was out of time so that the belt tensioner would not engage and run the pump.
Check to see if the oil gets hot. It shouldnt get much more than warm to the touch on a 70 degree day.If it does , there is a good chance you pump runs all the time because of something being not right in the linkage and adjustments. Also check to see if you are missing any springs onthe linkage.... Compare your baler linkage and oil temperature with the neighbors when he is baleing /or parked just to get an idea of what is wrong with yours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)