AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol Exports.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/10/2014 21:39 (#3593938 - in reply to #3593837)
Subject: responding to your Q.

But, what do you make of the magical 300-400 million bushels of corn? They add it in, one year later they take it out.

I think it's the Quant feeding/exports.. I explain in a post above.  It is the useage of corn that is grown in a calendar year forward.. Like this year.. the crop in Southern areas (and even Ks in a more normal year) gets harvested.. hauled and fed OR exported (in La and S Texas) before Sept 1st.. thus remaining stocks show up in northern states that was supposed to be gone on paper.

aka This year USDA went from 625'ish (too tired to look it up..) to 824 "poof" Carry in.  Then come Stocks report.. "poof" where did it go?  It gets trimmed out over time in March and July then boom shows up again Next Sept..

I think USDA was tired of getting flack over it so made a big(er) deal about it this year.. BOOM.. 5,300 on Feed and Residual..  "chew on that."

but there's enough noise.. that it can get buried amongst other factors.. other NORMAL errors.. like Grain Consuming Animals Units GCAU's eating a decimal point More feed one year and Less the next..

Things like feeding tumble weeds to get through the 12/13 drought.. etc.

Sat's Q:  Now question for Jon or anyone else holding tight to corn (maybe til next summer) "in da bins"

***How can they grind it into E if its locked away in your bins ? ***
We have some good exports,,, again how can they export it,if its sitting in your bins?

They can't.. but looks like they bought someone else's this week.

Next week...??  as kcirp says.. show me da money.

Edited by JonSCKs 1/11/2014 04:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)