AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Proof USDA is off on MN yield
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

steve1616
Posted 1/8/2014 18:41 (#3587255 - in reply to #3587146)
Subject: Re: More Proof USDA is off on MN yield

North East Kansas
Actually, welfare is pretty good going. I can still remember when I made almost nothing. I worked at a crappy, but easy job and got to see my kids every night. I got free medical for my kids at the governments expense. I used Wic to pay for milk, orange juice, and etc. I thought it was wrong so I didn't take the money from the vision card. I also got money back from taxes. I now make 3 times what I used to. I work very close to 80 hours every week with exceptions that make it closer to 60 hours on select few weeks out of the year, and don't get to see my kids as much. I pay 10,852/year for health insurance, and have to pay a lot in taxes. When all is said and done, I bring home close to 5k more even though I initially make 3 times more. This is the problem with America. There is no incentive to work. There is no reason to whine about the small government payment that most small farmers get. This isn't a problem because at least they are working and pulling their weight. I find it amusing when people bag on farm payments, but don't say anything about their favorite drug dealer down the street that these farmers are actually paying for through our wonderful welfare program.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)