AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mojoRTK experiences ::UPDATE 1::
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/16/2008 09:01 (#311045 - in reply to #310780)
Subject: regarding mojoRTK range

I think there should be some clarification regarding my comments on range for the mojoRTK product. My understanding (although I haven't yet tested it) is that the mojoRTK unit will be able to receive the RTK corrections from the base unit 16 miles away even if you have not paid to unlock the 16 mile option as long as you have line of site. However, the algorithm that it uses to compute where the tractor is in relation to the base station is only supposed to be accurate to 8 miles.

I have not tested this. We do not have a tower that can give us line of site to our fields that are closer to 16 or even 8 miles away. Therefore I do not plan on being able to test this. For the time being we are planning on taking the mojoRTK base station with us to the field. The accuracy of the algorithm is only going to be an issue if you want to be able to set your base station on a tower at your headquarters and leave it on all the time. This would definitely be the optimum solution. However, even the mojoRTK website states that their accuracy is +/- 2" at 4 miles. So at 16 miles you may be getting something completely different. I really wish I had a tower I could set it on so I could test it and let you know how it works in the real world but we're just not equipped that way currently. We would probably need at least a 150 foot tower to do that where we are so it's not going to happen anytime soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)