AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does the 332 Trimble need more than 12 Volts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 7/15/2006 08:30 (#26736 - in reply to #26499)
Subject: RE: Power from battery

Trimble and Dickey-John "float" the circuit board ground in everything we have, Raven grounds to the case. Raven equipment gets grounded where it is mounted. I asked a Trimble tech if the different ground potential could travel through the serial connection from the Smartrax to the 332 and was told it could not cause a problem. I have had a 132 reciever and a Raven 210 (different ground location) in this spreader for over a year with no problem. By the way, the conv. loss problem still exists, more volts and a different antenna lead did not help. I did see the Onmistar s/n ratio flash to srch then track once, so this may be a signal or antenna problem. I hope monday when the dealers tech is back, he will get Trimble involved directly, he has done this for me before. For a company with industry leading products, Trimble has industry trailing support. I still have all the old phone support numbers that worked in 1999 (I had problems with Omnistar then also), but I can not get past the answering service now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)