AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does the 332 Trimble need more than 12 Volts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 7/13/2006 08:29 (#26097 - in reply to #25863)
Subject: RE: Does the 332 Trimble need more than 12 Volts?

Antenna is on top of cab on Tyler 4300 , highest part of spreader. No trees for miles, fields are flat and really rough. Running xp. Raven smartrax and lightbar. Convergence at 12 inch. I only checked dop on main screen, but warning lights on the lightbar come on at dop of 3 and do not cause loss of convergence. Receiver is mounted on bracket on right front cab post in good view of driver. Has vibration/shock mounts that work good. Lower voltage (the internal 332 voltmeter typically starts at 12.5 volts and may drop to 11.6 volts by the end of the day) does not seem to relate directly to convergence problems. I normally change alternators on all spreaders to the large Leece-Neville if I can fit it in. New (not rebuilt) ones cost less than $200 at truck dealerships, they will last 10+ years. Cat bracket is a little high, and I have to build a new bracket to shoe-horn the air throttle actuator in a slightly different spot. I was going to do it anyway, just not today. I picked the dealer because of a very good Trimble tech, but he is on vacation this week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)