AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How I expect USDA to fix it's Quantitative feeding #'s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/13/2013 08:48 (#3441577 - in reply to #3439591)
Subject: I did a little digging on the Corn stocks numbers..

I did a little digging on the corn stocks numbers last night.. 

https://www.google.com/#q=USDA+Corn+Stocks+Sept+2013

hmm.. the 548.6 myn bu in Commercial elevators should be pretty firm.. I'll admit it was hard to locate that 163 myn bu that I suspect is there.. they don't report a total for Ar, La, Ga, Ms, SC or Tx.. so..  ???  Some of those states they do have the Commercial position.. like Tx at 7.5 myn bushels.. which per the crop progress they should have harvested 167 myn bushels.. so.. where is the other 160 plus the carry over..??  Exported..??  Fed..??  Not on the books..??   (Seriously.. you can't find 160 myn bushels..??)

They don't have anything reported for La..  They have 1 myn bu for Ga.. in commercial.. and yet we have 44+ myn as harvested by then..  The Carolina's.. NC has 5 myn reported for stocks.. after 25.6 harvested..??  SC.. nothing out of 16.4 myn bushels.. Ar.. 61,000 bu of corn in an elevator.. out of 37 myn bu harvested by then...???

Anywho..??  A lot of this could have been fed.. or exported.. as we ship TO La.. TO. NC.. TO SC.. TO Ar and To S Tx so.. that doesn't mean it didn't occur.. we KNOW that it did...

From the Stocks report another curious question I have is.. Going across the OFF-Farm numbers which is the commercials.. and should be pretty accurate..

They have 548.6 for 9/1/13 vs 675.3 for 9/1/12 or 81% of 2012.. and yet 9/1/12 On farm number is 313.7 while 13's is 275.. or 88%.. hmmm..??  Really..??

In fact in Iowa.. Off farm is 136.6 for 13 vs 166.3 for 12 while On farm is Actually higher for 13.. (say what?!?) at 67 vs 60.. ditto Minny at 38 vs 33.. ND at 4.3 vs 2.6 and Colorado..  ???

All that sums around 20 myn more or less.. so.. ???  Not the 163 but.. questionable.. imho..

I think I'm gonna have to dig out exports next.. as I suspect some went over seas.. and the feed useage..  Still working on it..  Golly railing out of S Tx OCCURED.. That I know cause some came up here.. but not 200 myn.. they could maybe do.. a couple of shuttles per week.. maybe .5.. 1..1.5 or 2 per week.. but that's running pretty stout.. then again we just exported 109 total for this week from ALL locations.. so..??  Not impossible..  Would need to see barges going north.. which news reported we did.. just not sure how much by Sept 1st.. though..  ???    

Edited by JonSCKs 11/13/2013 08:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)