AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader/ Trimble...Same?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 2/9/2008 23:29 (#305912)
Subject: Ag Leader/ Trimble...Same?

Baldwin City, KS
This should pretty much answer itself, but I have to ask since we are brand new to precision ag. I have been looking at Trimble 250 and 500 lightbar systems that have the mapping abilities. My brother just went to work for a company that can sell Ag Leader, and wanted me to check them out. From what I can tell, it is the exact same thing other than the format of the brochure. I was leaning towards Trimble, but if I knew that they were the same, it would simply be a dealership picking decision.
I'm sold on the fact that I should get the better antenna, but is there much difference between the 250 and the 500 other than the future RTK capabilities on the 500? I'm mainly interested in entry level equipment, but I don't want to short myself on future capabilties. The thing is, I'm thinking that by the time I'm ready for RTK and autosteer, I will probably want to get a more sophisticated system anyway, so I should save a grand and go with the 250. What do you guys think? How fast does this equipment become obsoelte?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)