AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The 4010 is finally done!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/13/2006 19:03 (#26270 - in reply to #25910)
Subject: RE: Thanks guys!

Brazilton KS

You did some work on the PTO. I guess I'd sure have to say it needed it, but I've never heard of anyone doing something about it before.

I wouldn't recommend the 7000 Deere design....the first time I changed ours when we got it,when I saw the pin to change the PTO gears I thought "That's just like the 4010, hope they made it better." Several years later we're running the grain cart and the PTO stops working... investigation found the shifter pin to be bent over, just like the 4010 does. Ended up getting it broken off and the PTO would run at 540, so we were back in business but unloading somewhat slow. Built a pin to go in the end of the PTO stub to make it shift back to 1000 which worked for several years, until the splines where the shaft fits in the socket were worn out. 4430 and 4000 have lots more hours and have done far more PTo work and their splines are same as new...they also have oil around them. Great idea making that socket dry, wasn't it? About all I can say good about the 7700 PTO is that at least you can replace all the poorly designed parts from the back without splitting the tractor.

Our cylinder hanger has an extended "brace" piece with a bolt in it also, but it extends down instead of to the right. I also think it lets the cylinder hang more vertical then that one would....it looks like it has a bigger stop like the diffence between one from a 4630 and 4430.

I'd like to see more pictures of the changes, especially the PTO, if you can.   

Edited by plowboy 7/13/2006 19:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)