AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The 4010 is finally done!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Whitefield
Posted 7/12/2006 16:24 (#25910 - in reply to #25883)
Subject: RE: Thanks guys!

Henry, Illinois
Plowboy,

I removed the original PTO drive shaft- sticks out the front of the transmission & goes back to where the stub bolts on. Bought a used PTO drive socket/sleeve from a 970/1070, removed Case external shifting gear and bought a new Case stub shaft. Machined the JD shaft down smooth (was rough cast) cut about 10 inches off the rear, had a bushing made, heated the bushing & installed on shaft, heated Case sleeve & installed on bushing, welded all 3 together, shortened shifter pin, drilled one end of stub shaft to intall extra bolt for pushing on shifter pin for 540 use. Had to buy new bearings to fit the Case to JD housing, but it works! And it now has a snap ring to hold the stub shaft in instead of 4 bolts. If I were doing it again I would try to use a JD 7000 series unit. If you want more info on this email me.

The LH hydraulic couple is the newer rounded style (was on tractor when I bought it). I imagine the tractor either started out with only one scv, or something bad happened to one & it had to be replaced.

I think the cylinder hanger is original equipment, it may look different because of the extra material I added to mount the new electrical connector, which is actually in front of the hanger.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)