AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 5303 MFWD Utility rear end diff locked in MFWD mode?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 9/9/2013 20:34 (#3318410 - in reply to #3318292)
Subject: RE: JD 5303 MFWD Utility rear end diff locked in MFWD mode?

Elmira, Ontario

Even though I work for a Deere dealer, I don't have specific advice for that tractor.

Some binding is normal. It's because the front wheels have to go so much further on a sharp turn than the rears that something has to slip or it will try to stay straight. The two effects are the tractor tries to go straight (as seen by the front tires trying to walk off the rim) or the inside rear tire spins a bit to allow the fronts to go the extra distance of the turn. It's this normal effect that the larger tractors are dealing with when they automatically turn off the mfwd on corners to allow the tractor to turn sharper. I'm not in a position to say whether what you are experiencing is this normal effect or if you have a further issue.

If you are running factory tires, double check that you have the right air pressures. Add some to the front and lower the rear pressure (within reason of course) to increase the relative size of the front tires compared to the rear. That might help the fronts to "pull" around corners.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)