AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm about to purchase EZ-guide 250, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 1/29/2008 15:33 (#296081 - in reply to #295989)
Subject: RE: I'm about to purchase EZ-guide 250, need advice

roaming

1) I would like to use this gps solution for my caseIH yield monitor, I don't have gps on it and would like to do yield mapping, so will I be able to do so?? And how?

2) If I read correctly, the EZ-guide 250 seems to be able to do some field mapping, so how I am able to do so?

3) I suppose I will have to buy a software to do field mapping, yield mapping...so wich one to buy and where? Is there a cheaper place than my CaseIH dealer?

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes; this can be done with a couple of cables, available from your Case IH dealer. The exact cables will depend on what model combine/YM you have.

2. To my knowledge, the 250 can do coverage mapping only. This is an option in the lightbar. Maps will be saved as Trimble Shapefiles on a USB flash drive.

3. There are a number of precision ag software packages on the market. Your Case IH dealer is probably selling the AFS software, which is equivalent to Ag Leader's SMS Basic, and is about the same price. Mapshots, Farmworks, etc, should all do what you need (and probably more). Check with each mfr for pricing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)