AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4450 running hot follow up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 9/8/2013 08:08 (#3314956 - in reply to #3314700)
Subject: Re: 4450 running hot follow up

Missouri
7720gas - 9/7/2013 23:07

Sready, I have 2 after market rads ,  one in JD I bail with and the other one in a JD combine, both are over 4 years old and not one problem yet. Both of these come from A&I. but it is up to you!

I think (at least in some cases), the OEM radiator and the A&I ones all come from the same manufacturer. JD just marks the price up twice as much as everyone else. It's been a few years back, but when I put a new radiator in a 4240, it was aftermarket, and it was *exactly* identical to the JD OEM one that came out. I don't mean exactly as in a good fitting replacement part, I mean exactly as in made in the same factory by the same people. Part numbers stamped in the radiator were even the same (not the JD or A&I numbers, but the other numbers, presumably pertaining to the way the actual manufacturer of the part identified it). I am solidly convinced if I had gotten the JD part, I would have just paid more (a lot more) for the same part. I wish parts like these weren't a special order item, it would be nice to see them both side by side and then choose one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)