AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you think would happen if production information was treated as proprietary.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 9/6/2013 20:25 (#3312342)
Subject: What do you think would happen if production information was treated as proprietary.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
First of all, we would have practically nothing to talk about here. Talk, did I say talk, maybe I meant argue.

Seriously, in any other industry even if you are a publicly traded company your production information is proprietary. Even Cargill keeps much of its business information private.

Anybody in the world can access the grain production down to the county level here in the US. I think we lose a tremendous negotiation position when it is so widely known.

Maybe we should have all the elevator operators, grain merchants and other endusers sign confidentiality agreements when they buy grain not to disclose how much they bought or hold, not even to the government, particularly the government.

For example, Ray knew that there was grain being held on account at elevators. I have nothing against Ray but maybe it would have been better if he hadn't know that.

I know that it's the law we are suppose to tell the government but what are they going to do, put us all in jail. Who'd grow the food, I mean the fuel?

What do you think would happen, would prices go up, down, stay the same?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)