AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Updated field-level crop progress report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 8/28/2013 09:16 (#3293926 - in reply to #3293847)
Subject: Good stuff Jeff..

I love your map.. and it does show just HOW FAR BEHIND 2013 corn crop is vs 2012..  One thing that I will note.. and it's a "where the rubber meets the road" kind of thing.. and I'm speaking more to the Marketing board then you.. And I don't have it figured out either.. but "here"  We planted 97 day dryland corn.. about a week (May 8th ish.. delayed on rains..) ahead of 114 day irrigated corn (May 15th'ish..) and yet the irrigated pollinated AHEAD of the dryland.. which is very unusal..

The 105 degree heat that we had during late June and early July SHUT DOWN the shorter season corn.. "here."  and is even delaying beyond my expectations.

LAST YEAR we started shelling corn on the 8th of August.. We're still a week to 10 days off.. the irrigated.. lol we are still watering.. and will be another month to 45 days.. yet.

fwiw..  maybe someone can stand for delivery of the Sept board.. and get that railed out here...???

anywho.. looks like a lot of work went into your model.. "looks good."  (but still a little off in a couple important parts.. but not quibblying..)  Nice graphic showing the progression..         

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)