AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tysons Lay Off 1500 At Emporia,KS Beef Slaughter Plant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

1206SWMO
Posted 1/27/2008 15:35 (#294454 - in reply to #294379)
Subject: RE: Tysons Lay Off 1500 At Emporia,KS Beef Slaughter Plant

Rich - 1/27/2008 13:09

Well, that should make alot of the townspeople of Emporia Happier now that they won't have to smell the cooking blood anymore. It sure had a way of stenching up the town pretty good. Never bothered me much, rather smell that then the burning hide of a branding iron.

Not to hijack the thread but does Emporia still have the dolly madison plant there? Loved to go in that store and buy stuff at discount prices.

Come to think of it, for what little I was ever around down there, I liked Emporia. Of course it didnt' hurt that they had 24 hour grocery store and 24 hour Sirloin Stockade.......LOL.

Dolly Madison is fighting bankruptcy so may soon be gone,Modine radiators is gone.Things are not well in Emporia.They lost one of their two colleges quite sometime ago.

We always stop at Braums when going thru Emporia.It doesnt look like my town will ever get one.Our Golden Corrall has sit empty for over 4 years now..I loved their all you could eat steaks.Maybe I'm the one that put them out of business... LOL

Edited by 1206SWMO 1/27/2008 15:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)