AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

somebody help me with this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

zmracing
Posted 8/20/2013 07:25 (#3277440 - in reply to #3277021)
Subject: Re: somebody help me with this

west central MN

If you think a true farmer can't be satisfied with lower prices I think you need to really look at your marketing plan. The way the market works you are going to have high prices some years and you are going to have low prices some years. I think a lot of guys need to realize that and not be so negative when it comes to having lower prices. I cant believe all the complaining when some guys can still get close to $6.00 for their corn and had a chance to price new crop there also.

There are a few reasons that I would like to see a little lower priced corn. The biggest reason is that we have a couple of BTO's that came into our area and are paying over 3 times as much for rent now then we where paying 3 years ago. I don't think that will be an issue with $3.00 corn. I also think we need to give the end users a break so they can keep using our corn. It has been a struggle for a lot of end useres the last few years. This is also a good year to have cheaper prices for the end users as we have very good crop insurance coverage for this year. I am also looking at a lower yield on my farm this year so if we are going to collect crop insurance anyway what difference will the price make? If a lot of guys have poor crops coming why are they so upset about a lower price when insurance should take care of them anyway?  I will be satisified if we have higher or lower prices, but it sure sounds like a lot of guys will be unhappy that the price isn't high enough no matter what the price is.

Edited by zmracing 8/20/2013 07:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)