AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Retired!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mbo
Posted 8/9/2013 10:53 (#3257548 - in reply to #3257512)
Subject: RE: Retired!!!

southwest mn
dairymanswife - 8/8/2013 21:26

Congratulations, how nice to help out those younger guys trying to get started. Now for you, what kind of plans do you have. Do you have a hobby, plan to travel? I hope you have something you like to do. Dave even though not completely retired is slowing down but is enjoying building projects and travel of course.

Plan on spending more time with the 8 grandkids-one to twenty years old. Started spending winters in South Tx five years ago. Now own a home in a "retirement village" in Mission Tx. We bought a new 40 foot fifth wheel three years ago and a new one-ton diesel pick-up in Nov of 2011. Got interested in Geneolygy while in Tx. Have been doing more summer trips this year. Just back from a week going to Duluth Mn. Saw the tall ship thing while there and checked out the North Shore. Planing a week long Iowa trip to see snowbird friends, and check out some geneolygy things near Davenport. Great-great grand parents buried there. More ancestors buried in Tama Co Ia. The "spark" is gone for farming. Adult children not interested in farming. They all have great jobs, and great families. I am the last one of my family to be on this Centenial farm. Been loving this $7 corn. Will be missing that!

Edited by mbo 8/9/2013 11:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)