AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got A Bonus In My Load Of Feed Barley (6 Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MCatSHF
Posted 7/25/2013 20:22 (#3229341 - in reply to #3228060)
Subject: RE: Got A Bonus In My Load Of Feed Barley (6 Pics)

Sandy Hook, MB

Hello Ben

Story about this place. When my dad bought this place way back when I was a youngun, the farm had garbage piles all over the place. A lot of cottages along the lake & there was no municipal garbage pick up service back them. The previous owner  offered that service to the cottagers & instead of hauling the garbage to the dump 5 miles away, he dumped in the bush on his own farm. My dad dug many a hole with a farm tractor & FEL pushed the piles in & we also hand picked a lot too, & buried it all. Rusty tin cans & broken glass & grazing cattle make for a bad mix. I logged on a farm that was owned by his brother that did the same thing many years ago. There still is to this day, mounds of garbage on that farm.

We currently get weekly municipal garbage pick up. Now before you say", "wow you lucky guy you". We pay for that service with our tax $'s. Because I am farming close to development, our property taxes are very high for the services that we get. I carry out 1 kitchen catcher size garbage bag out to the road once a week in exchange for a few $1,000 in taxes. I would sooner haul my own garbage out to the dump & pay no taxes.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)