AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Give me your thoughts, HMSC or Snaplage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

stripfarmer
Posted 7/25/2013 11:03 (#3228486 - in reply to #3228139)
Subject: Re: Give me your thoughts, HMSC or Snaplage

west central wisconsin
We absolutely love our snaplage. We like the product to be about 42% moisture. The day the corn reaches black layer is the day to make snaplage. Every year we have done it we hand shell some grain and add about 6 points of moisture onto that, to arrive at the final moisture level. Keep it on the wetter side or you will not be happy. The cob is very digestible at that maturity. We bag ours and feed year round. We got tires of the harvestores as well. No one could figure out how much floor to expose to the conveyor chain in order to have snaplage feed out very fast, and so last year was the first year we put none in the blue tube. Before that , we bagged enough to have it gone by June 1st, because of heat and coon problems. Bill Mahanna with Pioneer has a good article online. I know it talks about moisture recommendations etc. Here, we get about 83-85 lbs milk on 2X using snaplage, as high as 90. Put up right, and packed and covered, I can't see any negatives. The zero field loss is a great plus also, along with a very fast harvest and early. 7450 deere chopper did 100 acres of excellent corn in 2 days last year. That made 3.5, 300 foot bags, 9 foot diameter, and really packed. 4450 on Ag Bag machine working hard.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)