AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone interested in More Than Manure yield results?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Purdu21
Posted 5/31/2013 18:46 (#3129891 - in reply to #3129482)
Subject: MNBEEF: Mizzou study

WCIN
MNBEEF:

I know it's not a replicated trial, but I just wanted to share what I've got. I would really discount the 2bpa difference if it were on 1 to 2 acre plots. This was a larger field cut in half diagonally (the way the manure was applied), so I give it a little more credit. Ground up there is pretty flat with not a lot of soil type variation. My main point was to show that if you put it in the pit, you can give it time to hang onto more N.
Also, if it doesn't work, then why do I have repeat customers? The sow unit manager says he is "Uber pleased" with it's effectiveness on solids. He has plug pits, and one was wayyyyyyy bad plugged up with solids. We treated with MTM, and we got it flowing again. He had tried a few things that didn't work very well, but the MTM got it done. It took awhile longer than I thought it would, but it got there and now he uses it as a maintenance item. Other guys say it's breaking their solids down good and can pump the pits a little deeper. Ammonia levels in the barns drop. We go through with a Drager meter to measure levels, and hydrogen sulfide levels drop as well.
I'm not going to really believe anything I see from Australia. One of the big distributors got his distributorship pulled by SFP, and started www.agstraight.com to bash the crap out of SFP products.
The Nutrisphere-N has been really good here, but the Avail seems to be better suited for some soil types than others.
One agronomist has a great quote - "Every product works somewhere, but not everywhere every time." I probably butchered that, but you get the idea.

Have you seen the U of Missouri study? I'll attach it.

Have you used MTM? I'd be interested to hear why it didn't work for you.

Thanks for the interest,

Joe

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Research & Trials 2013 N-N.pdf (895KB - 875 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)