AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fecue and fences
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NEMOScott
Posted 1/11/2008 06:18 (#280617 - in reply to #280195)
Subject: Re: Fecue and fences

Callao, Missouri
ARE YOU SHORT OF WINTERFORAGE GUESS YOU ARE NOT IF YOU ARE SELLING HAY. MIGHT SELL THE HAY AND GRAZE THE GRASS. oNE WILL BE SURPRIZED AT THE QUALITY OF THE FORAGE NOW AS COMPARED TO THE SAME TYPE OF FORAGE BALED. I doubt if it is endo free and yes it can be a problem, don't think a test will do much good in Jan. just assume and dilute with grain but could test anyway. If you do burn it might burn a little late for fescue thus giving legumes more of a chance but that will open to door for more weeds also, course cattle eat alot of weeds. If your going to pasture unless it is thick with trees and brush why worry about them, cattle will enjoy a little shade, cropping a different matter. On fencing the creek or any fence we use only hitensile and electric subdivided, with powerflex or prefer hedge with no insultors, that said a 40 off along ways from the rest of my pastures not sure it would be worth the trouble, its your labour not mine. There is research or so I'm told that suggest an occasional grazing of creek is good I know we graze a creek as part of a paddock system. It gets grazed about every 3 to 4 months. just my thought at 5am. Ben
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)