AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not impressed with hyd drive on planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 5/22/2013 06:31 (#3110946 - in reply to #3110903)
Subject: Re: Graham Electric Drives ?

central - east central Minnesota -

dri - 5/22/2013 05:57 Three yr old planter on an 8320, hyd flow is at 8 or 9, so pretty high, the vacs are only at 2.8. I use the seed meter prime when I get started and thats not the issue. I'm not sure how if it is radar or gps I will have to find out. I like the ease of chnaging rates, but don't like it when I have to start and stop out in the field. I wonder if I can put a trans on this thing and use both, with the one turning the fastest being the one controlling seed drop. The reason this is a problem is because in terraces I have to plant up against the riser, raise, go over riser, lower and take off again. This can be 20 or 30 times in a field, so I am going to have a lot of gaps. The old mech drive planter, if I pulled forward 3 ft it would drop 3 ft worth of seed, the hyd drive has a 2 mph minimum so it might drop 20 seeds in 3 ft. Then when taking off again it takes a little time to react and by then I might have 12 to 15 ft gap. I can stop the seed drop as I come to a stop by shutting off the master switch for the row clutches but still have the gap when I take off again. Just thinkin, done with corn for this year, unless there is replant, so looking at things for next yr.

I wonder if the Graham Electric Drives would work and do what you need.
There website says less money then hydraulic ?
http://grahamelectricplanter.com/

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)