AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For those who have built a commodity shed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cowfeeder
Posted 5/6/2013 16:37 (#3083794 - in reply to #3083520)
Subject: Re: For those who have built a commodity shed

Northwest Iowa
Once you have it, you will wonder why you waited so long and it WILL pay for its self in a short while. Go as high as you are comfortable with. A mono slope roof like Garvo's is cheap to build and gives a lot of options on what type of trucks can unload into it. East facing would be better than west here with our stiff northwest winds we get. Mine is 16 foot high to the bottom of the rafter and I wish I had gone to 18' for extra baled hay storage. 16' worked well with a tub grinder, but we even had the conveyer shooting up in to the rafters. 36' deep x 16' wide bay allows one semi load of tub ground hay to fit in the bay. 16' wide is minimum I have found with walking floor trailers backing in at night. Most drivers can hit it but some are not as good in reverse and by the time they swing the doors open and fold against the side of the truck, it is close enough. We have 30' pad out front and that worked fine when we loaded every thing with a tractor, but now we have a larger wheel loader and we are planning on adding 15' more.

Edited by cowfeeder 5/6/2013 16:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)