AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bifocals - choices choices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

bshannon
Posted 5/6/2013 12:09 (#3083518 - in reply to #3082616)
Subject: Re: Bifocals - choices choices

I have the no line bifocals-that's all I've ever had since getting bifocals about 10 years ago. I have no frame style, can't remember what they call them, but they are extremely light and seldom need adjusting. This is the second pair I've had I have the antiglare and no scratch plastic lenses. The latest pair has a wider area for reading, I'm not really fond of that. While I use the computer most of the day, when I do stuff like hanging a curtain rod, tipping my head up to do something, there is too much reading area and not enough for distance. Depth perception was only a problem for me on stairs. I still tend to be quite cautious when going down steps. I don't know if you have had transitions lenses in the past or not, but as others said they aren't much use for driving, for myself they don't lighten up as quick as I want. I actually found a pair of regular sunglasses that I can wear right over the prescription glasses. It saves the hassle of switching between regular and sunglasses.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)