AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Found this great article about over protecting children.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 5/1/2013 09:52 (#3073454 - in reply to #3073121)
Subject: RE: Found this great article about over protecting children.

East central Iowa

Marshall, (Chester5731)

I didn't say only the children playing sports have the highest grade point average.  I said kids in sports have the highest grade point average, perhaps I should have said on average kids playing sports have a higher grade point average than the general school population.

I come from a German background and it says a strong body and an educated mind.  I don't believe you can do your best mental work with a body that is overweight and out of shape.  Yes there may be exceptions but we are dealing with a general population not exceptions.

You might check some of the scientific research that indicates several things.  Among them that exercise can stave off the aging of the brain and can increase intellect in the young.  

I'm happy to know a number of very busy, professional people and even though their jobs are desk oriented they also find time to exercise.  Recently there has been a study that discovered "Reducing time sitting by three hours every day we could extend U.S. life expectancy by two years."

So, get up, get out and join.  It doesn't hurt to be social, it doesn't hurt to exercise by yourself.  Set some goals, you will feel better.  And kids that are taught to exercise for the right reasons tend to continue that throughout life.  Mine still do and they are long out of school.

I'm sure your daughter is a wonderful student and most likely has a great family.  How you raise your kids is not my business.  How the general public raises their kids leads to how many welfare recipients we have.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)