AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven NH3 flow control "hunting". valve cal help please!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dakotadirt
Posted 4/27/2013 20:21 (#3066631 - in reply to #3066184)
Subject: update to original post.

i know not to mess around with the meter cal number. meter is just fine. its finding the proper valve cal number im having trouble with. this is a new set-up this year. its a micro-trak cold flow unit being run by a raven 440. was ran by a MT3000 last year and didnt like it. put on a raven flow meter but using the original microtrak "servo valve". hence not knowing what to use for a valve cal number. this afternoon i changed the valve cal from 2123 to 2143 and it did help. not perfect, still fluctuates a bit but much better. dont have a clue if this is a standard valve or fast valve since it the original microtrak. when i used the 2143 cal number it was tolerable flucuation but occasionally after slowing down and turning around the valve seems to get stuck at a low flow rate when i flip things on again. simply switching it to manual and increaseing rate doesn't help. gotta screw around with switches and eventually it will "unstick" and work just fine. is this common at low flow rates? can the valve get shut down too tight running slow at a low rate and get jammed stuck when you turn on the main valve/switch? suggestions? anyone know what the correct valve cal number should be when running a microtrak servo valve with a raven 440?? thanks for the responses so far, much appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)