AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building a new house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mark in WCIowa
Posted 4/18/2013 15:35 (#3045313 - in reply to #3040619)
Subject: Re: Building a new house

Scranton
Lawfarms nails a lot of it. We built our house from the fall of 2010 to spring of 2012. Did lots of work ourselves, I was the general contractor, and wife spent a lot of time running down better deals.

Our house is similar to Lawfarms' size...we have five bedrooms, four baths, two fireplaces, two car garage(its 30x30...needed to be 40x40), a game room, a family room and a large open main floor where the dining, living and kitchen are all open under the same vaulted ceilting.

If you decide to build, email me, I'd be glad to aim you towards our money saving suppliers.

Main thing: find quality construction labor that knows what they are doing. Ask around to others that have built homes....I would highly reccommend our guys. My buddy was adding on at the same time...his guys were horrible and finally got fired after screwing everything up.

In the end, our house was well under $100 per square foot IF I count the finished basement living areas as part of it. It was still 40% more than I originally intended on spending, though I don't regret it since we love our house!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)