AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dekalb germ problem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

stutnd
Posted 3/31/2013 10:39 (#3003889 - in reply to #3003536)
Subject: Re: Dekalb germ problem?

Jamestown, ND
greenfarmer - 3/31/2013 07:08

So if i plant channel i should really be worried? I've heard from a few Dekalb salesmen that Channel is just the Dekalb floor sweepings. The stuff that wasn't good enough to make it into a Dekalb bag.

I hope you are joking. If not your salesman sucks at his job and I would look into using someone with a little more confidence and business ethics. Any salesman that has to stoop to bashing the competition will quickly have zero respect in the industry. And this guy is especially dimwitted if he is bashing a sister Monsanto run company.

Getting back on topic. I would have my DeKalb Rep come to my farm. Take the seed samples with me, both sign the sample and then send them into an agreed upon lab. If the seed is labeled 95% anything under 92% is unacceptable. I would ask A.) for a seed replacement with the correct germination or for a reduced price on seed if a replacement is unavailable. IMHO poor seed should never be planted. Weak seed will cause unrealized issues throughout the growing season. This might be the last year of high profit corn, why chance it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)