AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Concrete pour
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

sdnotill1983
Posted 3/21/2013 08:00 (#2980123)
Subject: Concrete pour

SE SD
I know we have some great concrete pourers in the stock talk so I thought i would post in here too. Please see attached PDF diagram, dont make fun of my drawing, im not an artist :). I am planning on pouring a patio and garage apron this spring/summer. I have done some concrete work but nothing of this size. When pouring along the block foundation, do i need to put something in along the foundation to allow for expansion? Would you pour the apron in two different pours? I dont have all the fancy concrete tools, could possibly rent them or hire a contractor to help with the poor but trying to stay on a budget. Have usually just used 2x6 to help screen the concrete and then bull float it smooth. I will have a good base, along with plenty of rebar/iron. Also when pouring up next to the existing concrete in the garage, would it be better to tie them together with iron, or just let the new slab expand. Also what about expansion joints? Have seen plenty of concrete with them, and plenty with out. Or should a guy put in a key joint?

Attachments
----------------
Attachments concretepourpicture.pdf (11KB - 806 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)