AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I really really really really miss.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Delmarva Ag
Posted 3/15/2013 13:44 (#2967213 - in reply to #2966961)
Subject: RE: I really really really really miss.....

Seaford, Delaware
Wasn't me. I could share lots of stuff here about biologicals, biostimulants, humic acids, soil health, snake oils, etc. but why go through all the criticism just because it may not fit into your operation or farming practices. What works in my area may not work in Minnesota or Florida. Doesn't make it wrong science. I work with companies that have been manufacturing these products for over 30 years, but until recently they have fallen into the snake oil category. Now you can't pick up a farming publication without mention of soil health, bacteria, microbiology, etc. These products seem to be the next "hot" item in the farmer's bag of tricks to increase production. Even the major companies like Monsanto and Bayer, who were huge opponents up until about two years ago, have recently purchased two biological companies. I guess they figured if you can't beat em, join em! Lol Shoot I got customers who are stunting soybeans with herbicide to stress them for better yield. Who would have ever tried that 5 years ago. "If You Always Do What You've Always Done, You'll Always Get What You've Always Gotten!" My rant is over! Lol

Alan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)