AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another seed brand bites the dust
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Artic Farms
Posted 3/13/2013 22:50 (#2963822 - in reply to #2963621)
Subject: Re: Another seed brand bites the dust

From the university evaluations and performance ratings I don't think you could call Agrisure RW better than monsanto's trait. They are actually about a tie as your going to get and I mean the rootworm effectiveness. I don't doubt there is some resistance today but there have been far more acres of monsanto's trait planted consecutively than NK. I have seen Duracade and it is excellent. Artesian is not a gmo but a native trait and in my area the two hybrids were 15-20 bushels off the pace. Enogen don't quote me is native trait and shows some merit but the first and only hybrid last year in my area was 51T genetics which is over 8 years old and back then we ran into back to back years it was a ear dropping son of a gun. Highly fixed ear hybrid but yet it can't take any stress. Not a good combo.

Duracade is not a high dose event. It acts like a high dose but it still is a low dose. I discussed it with their nĂºmero UNO senior agronomist a couple years ago.

Monsanto is maybe one year, two at most from releasing their next root worm event. I hear it is just as prolific as Duracade. Again Duracade trait is good but the genetics are still off the pace.

Edited by Artic Farms 3/13/2013 22:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)