AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sell 8weights now? Feed out? Or?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 2/25/2013 14:13 (#2925133 - in reply to #2924873)
Subject: Re: Sell 8weights now? Feed out? Or?

western iowa,by Denison
my neighbor was just talking about the feeder market-lots of calves are background on that supposedly cheap corn silage and amino gain glutten feed-and a lot of calves were purchased higher in Dec and Jan-that would not pencil fat,but for some reason they all penciled as feeders and were disregarding that the cattle feeder that finnish's them out has to make money-I feed my 400# cattle all the way out,I have to be careful what I pay as feeders,the backgrounder usually push's my break-even higher as he doesnt price feeding them past 900#-I don't have any good answers-payed $1.23 for 658# steers Saturday,and also $1.35 for 535# heifers,450# steers-the good ones running $1.60-the market is all over the place-but those fat 800# calves-well i just dont know what a guy should pay,the close out on those wont be as good unless there green-801# cost $1.11-its going in with my 650# steers-I guess it will just be bigger when I sell in November-it was $30 cheaper then its pen mates.
Perhaps just keep them on your current ration-someone said you only need 30 days of grain in the finnish ration?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)