AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cost to put up a Grain Bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 2/23/2013 08:25 (#2919785 - in reply to #2919764)
Subject: WHERE DO YOU GET BINS THAT CHEAP???????

just a tish NE of central ND
GangGreen - 2/23/2013 07:12

I erected my last 24 footer for under $3000. Concrete, with labor, rebar, and mini-excavator rental was roughly $3000 as well. Didn't have a stirator, I'd tack on $400 for that just to make sure I was covered, time-wise. Stairs are pretty much standard equipment these days, I don't charge extra for those. Does your $7000 erection costs include the cost of concrete as well? If it does, you aren't that far off if the builder has a lot of road time to and from. I typically charge $.30-.33 per pound for erection (depending on equipment) plus road time one way. A bin that size, start to finish with a 6 man crew shouldn't take more than 4-5 days, tops.

Used salvaged bin??????Tell us where you find that cheap of 24 foot bin and ill buy one or several right away...I realize you arent counting anything for you own labor..... but,,,,,,,,,,
Wish I had your figures on a 24 foot new bin...... Concrete and foundation construction cost that you paid is all it would buy in this country , then you still need a bin..... 10,500 bushel bin with only a door and inside , outside ladders is 10,000$ alone.Its needs erection labor also and without the costs are near a dollar a bushel for the metal in a pile. Seems to me that bolts are like 40 cents a piece alone when you figure out how much they are in bin package deal.
Buddy of mine bought 4 new 27 foot vins and said the sheet metal in a pile was like 78 cents a bushel without any other costs.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 2/23/2013 08:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)