AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lemon Juice good/bad for you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chimel
Posted 2/6/2013 12:41 (#2879101 - in reply to #2878912)
Subject: Re: Lemon Juice good/bad for you?

The combination of citric acid and sugar acid will take a toll on your teeth.
Some people I know who use fresh lemon juice for its cleansing properties actually drink it with a straw to bypass the mouth entirely. And for cleansing, it needs to be pure freshly squeezed juice, not diluted with water, warmed or with added sugar.

Why don't you try herbal tea instead? With a bit of honey at first, but you should drop it after a few days. It's really a matter of habit, unsweetened coffee, tea or herbal (or yogurt!) just seems more natural to me now. Sugar or honey is just for a special treat now.

There's herbs or roots that have a naturally sweet taste too. There's a lot of choice and brands available these days, although I only use bulk, not tea bags. Not always easy to find a good tea though, I had to return some a few times because it smelled like hay, not herbal tea. Too high temperatures, too much ventilation or light, for too long, I guess.

Since you seem to like hot chocolate if it didn't have so much sugar, why don't you malt and grind some barley for barley milk? It is naturally sweet and has a great taste, even if it's a bit hard to dilute in milk. The English has this magic powder called Horlicks, which is mostly lightly malted barley and milk powder.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)