AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

House hunters?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pitt
Posted 1/29/2013 09:17 (#2858155)
Subject: House hunters?

Starbuck Manitoba Canada
I was watching HGTV last night. The show was called House Hunters. They were in Georgia, and a single woman, no children, with a good job was buying a house with a $103000. budget($3000. down $100,000 financing). I was expecting to see her looking at 1000-1200sqft homes that needed work. They took her to see 2000+ sqft homes nice treed yards big lots prices below $100,000, and only 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta. I could not believe how cheap the homes were. These were not fixer uppers either, nice shape. The same goes for may other parts of the country Texas, Florida you name it. I read a post on here a while back about a farmer selling 450 acres of land and putting the money into undervalued homes. Maybe it is not such a bad Idea. That same home mentioned above would sell for at least 350-450 thousand in my nearby city of Winnipeg(home of the Jets NHL). I imagine those homes they showed would have at one time been in that higher range. What a mess for anyone trying to sell a home in that environment! Seems like a better investment than precious metals. Thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)