AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got price quote on new feedwagon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

matterhan
Posted 1/17/2013 19:51 (#2830452 - in reply to #2826132)
Subject: RE: Got price quote on new feedwagon

Mount Upton NY
runningihred - 1/15/2013 23:41

My kuhn knight dealer called me this morning about trading feed wagons. We talked to him about trading in august, but pushed him off. At that time he pulled out a helix rotor wagon to try for a few days. Dad and I kind of liked it. So todays quote was for a kuhn/knight helix rotor 700 cubic ft. with two axles(4 tires) 3 digital read outs, and slide tray discharge. $59,000 and add $7,500 for stainless steel liner. Also I priced a 4 auger knight/botec 700 cubic ft. wagon with him. It was higher, $64,000 and add $4500 for stainless steel liner. I have a 4 year old roto-mix 524-15 staggered reel I want to trade in. The trouble with this whole idea is, He only wants to allow me $22,000 for my wagon. I'm a little surprise, the 4 auger is higher than the reel mixer. Now guys with vertical mixers, I don't want to hear it. They won't work in my operation. My question is... who like either of these two wagons? Thanks

I have been pricing the 900 cu foot version of the Knight Helix reel but on a truck mount and HYDRO drive. $100k will get it bought and mounted but I still have to buy a truck to put under it. In my opinion after trying a twin screw Knight vertical I like my reel mixers allot better. They mix so much better. I also have a 524-15 on a truck. I love the thing and it has over 35000 loads through it. But it is time to up-size as it is too small and getting to be worn out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)