AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marketing strategies.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 1/14/2013 12:04 (#2821827 - in reply to #2821802)
Subject: Re: Marketing strategies.....

central - east central Minnesota -

Pat H - 1/14/2013 11:52 Thanks, so right now isn't a time to be particularly interested in sales? I would agree unless my price target was met. To me charts can often point the way, but there are no rules that suggest the market is obligated to follow the chart pattern. I like using a price target based on my breakeven to use as a fall back if indicators fail to show a sell signal (ie. who cares what the market action is if the price is right). I would agree that fundamentally we should have a spike up in prices some time this spring/summer when usage will be closer to outstripping supply. However, a good 2013 crop underway will definitely keep a lid on price as well as keep the rally short lived. I don't think it would be good for my business to put all my eggs in hopes that the rally 'basket' materializes.

You are way ahead of the pack with your plan then most ! I couldn't agree more with your clarifiing of my post.
Price targets are key .  ..  
If everone marketed by simply trying to "pick the top" - most everyone would be broke.
As has been mentioned before, a guy gets two chances to lock in a price - when it goes up to the top and when it's coming back down, from that top  . .. . . .
Good luck and hope you are more then successful in hitting your targets.
It's a better plan then I have at the moment .  . . . 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)