AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need expert advice on brush burning...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 1/7/2013 16:46 (#2805946 - in reply to #2805845)
Subject: RE: Need expert advice on brush burning...

West Tennessee
Our trackhoe man piles and burns green stuff and everything right on the spot (summer time or spring or winter doesn't matter) and will have a heck of a fire going with a gallon of diesel. I've never been any good at it and will waste a lot of diesel. He always tells me to get my "good stuff" burning good and then start piling on it. Unfortunately for me I've never actually watched him get one started. The way I understand it is that he get's the good stuff/kindling going good and piles on it. He doesn't build a pile and then try to burn that. Good luck to you and I wish I was more help. I need to get him to make a how-to video because he burns them up to nothing. Once he gets all he can burn in the pile he digs a hole and puts the hot pile in that and burns up the rest. He says you can burn anything in a hole even stuff that won't burn any other way and I HAVE been successful with that. I figure it concentrates the heat on what you're trying to burn. You can about burn up scrap iron in a hole.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)