AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey happycatcher.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iluvafarmer
Posted 12/3/2012 18:51 (#2731042 - in reply to #2730864)
Subject: Re: Hey happycatcher.........

Eastern Nebraska
There are ways to approach a teacher about that.... First did she have a copy of the directions for what she was suppose to write the report on??? That is the first thing she needed if she did not .... Did the teacher write on the paper that your child made that animal up??? Maybe that was the child's perception of why she lost 10 points... If you want to ... or the parents want know why... They could ask the teacher if the child misunderstood the assignment.... Teachers make mistakes... we are human too... Did you know until she did the report that there was an animal called the spotted salamander?? I know there are salamanders but not specifically a spotted one... Yes teachers need to be held accountable but so do parents... I am always open to changing a grade if the student fixes a failing paper... or turns in a late paper ... or can show me where I was wrong... I will change and apologize to the student... Do all teachers do that??? No... Walk a mile in my shoes and see what my day is like... I teach because I love my students and I love sharing knowledge with them and helping them to get ready for the real world...
Sorry Mrs. B.... did not mean to get off track... Get kind of tired of teachers being slammed when people do not know the whole story... there are always two sides to every story .... I have wondered the same thing about Happycatcher ... What this teacher was doing was not quite the correct way to deal with the diversity in the classroom so it will be interesting to hear the rest of the story....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)