AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radon levels in house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 11/19/2012 20:15 (#2706451 - in reply to #2706392)
Subject: Re: Radon levels in house

If you have a drain tile sump in the basement ,,,thats what they use first.

Their really isnt any magic to this system . I would 'think' any half handy farmer/homeowner could do it themselves type project.

They use 4" PVC and was told NO elbows or bends as it goes up. I have seen other systems with it elbowed outside and up BUT they all had fans in it and mine doesnt yet unless house tests positive,,,which hasnt been tested yet.

IF your house NEEDS perimeter inside drain tile it can do both at once. Otherwise just a sump works with holes drilled just below concrete level. Radon seeks path of least resistance,,,which means you have to also seal/ caulk all cracks and seams so concrete holds radon under till it finds the sump.

Should be some info in google,,,I was reno'ing an old house and was required to put first in our town new construct prevention system in. Rock under basement crete, 4 mill poly with lateral drain line hooked to 4" riser pipe. Simple enough cept not much help from city on what they really wanted. IF this is an inspected city or county permit deal dont shortcut it and ask them HOW it should/has to be built.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)