AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School me on hydraulic driven sprayer pumps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Forty2366
Posted 11/19/2012 21:03 (#2706589 - in reply to #2706190)
Subject: Re: School me on hydraulic driven sprayer pumps

Mercer County, Ohio on the Indiana line
There are some high flow pumps that they put on the big self propelled sprayers but for you the one that is on it already is likely matched to fit it. The RPM won't matter on your tractor because hydraulic flow is the same whether at idle or at 2000 RPM. You just adjust the flow from your tractor to the pump on the right side of the remotes by turning the teardrop shaped handles clockwise or counterclockwise until you get your desired PSI.

We spray with the same tractor and it does a great job. If you have a manual transmission 3rd gear select in 4th gear on the thumb selector will get you about 7 MPH with lower RPM. Also on your tractor you should put a hydraulic return line in as they mentioned in the links above. It's relatively cheap.

While you're at the dealer and have the sprayer hooked up get someone from the dealer to lead you in the right direction for setting flow and pressure on your tractor and the sprayer. If the dealer sells many sprayers they should have someone that knows a lot about them.

If you have more questions my Email is good,
Nathan

Edited by Forty2366 11/19/2012 21:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)