AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If it rained, what would happen?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 11/19/2012 15:36 (#2706072 - in reply to #2705717)
Subject: RE: If it rained, what would happen?

The only way to get close to that would have been with a full suit that was totally enclosed like a space suit or some equivalent.

We have full face respirators that we carry in the tractor and trucks that are pulling tanks, but even small leaks will seek out your skin and burn you. We had a guage that got loose just sitting in an open ended cattle shed on one of our tanks one summer. We smelled that it was leaking, so I got my mask and figured I could just walk in and fix the problem. Like I said it was a small leak, smelled it but could not even hear it hissing anywhere. I walked in the shed and crawled up on the tire, tightened the screws on the gauge, but by the time I got done my skin was beginning to burn even under my tee shirt. No way anyone could have even gotten close to this one on the film.

To me about the only possibility of helping this would have been to have a fire pumper with enough power to blow water over the top of the whole tank and possibly take some of the vapor away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)